White Pearl Shrimps are translucent white or pure white.
- Common Name: Snowball Shrimp, White Pearl Shrimp
- Scientific Name: Neocaridina Heteropoda var. "White pearl".
- Origin: India (Germany)
- Size: up to 3.5 cm
- Temperature Range: 20-29 Celsius
- pH Range: pH 6.8-7.8, neutral to slightly alkaline pH, soft to hard water
- Breeding: in freshwater
- Behavior: non-aggressive
- Difficulty: very easy
- Diet: They are decent algae eaters. Another great supplement are blanched nettle leaves, as well as foods intended for shrimps can be used to supplement their diet.
- My observations: White Pearl Shrimps are very easy to breed and very resistant. They reproduce very fast and almost in all conditions. They get along well with other shrimps. Shrimps get along well with other shrimps. Best not kept with other members of the Neocardina family due to cross-breeding. Mixing different variations is advised with such shrimps as: Yellow, Schoko, as well as Sakura Red, Black and Orange.
- Special notes: Most shrimps are herd animals, that's why it's better to keep them in a tank of over 20 liters.