Caridina - Taiwan Panda
Taiwan Bee Shrimps are characterized by a strong black color. This appears by the white horizontal stripes, extremely bright.
- Common Name: Taiwan Bee Panda Shrimp, Taiwan Bee Shrimp, Panda
- Scientific Name: Caridina cantonensis sp. Taiwan
- Origin: The Panda Shrimp is a rare mutation, first bred in Taiwan
- Size: up to 3.5 cm
- Temperature Range: 21-26 Celsius
- pH Range: pH 6.5-6.8, soft water
- Breeding: in freshwater
- Behavior: non-aggressive
- Difficulty: hard
- Diet: They are decent algae eaters. Another great supplement are blanched nettle leaves, as well as foods intended for shrimps can be used to supplement their diet.
- My observations: According to my experience they are easy to mix with Caridina sp., Tiger and Serrata (Golden Snow, Snow White, Crystal Red).
- Special notes: Most shrimps are herd animals, that's why it's better to keep them in a tank of over 20 liters